Sunday, January 25, 2009

Tea Time at the Bristol Lounge



With all the bitter cold weather we have been having in Boston, what better way than to warm up than with tea. On Saturday, a group of 9 friends and I decided to attend "afternoon tea" at the Four Seasons Hotel in Boston. I first heard about this a few weeks back and was excited to go. We all met up in the hotel lobby, which I can say is very posh and the maitre'de makes you feel like an instant celebrity. The attire is smart casual. I wore dressy dark blue fitted jeans, a polo sweater and black high heels.

Tea is held every afternoon between 3 and 4:30pm in the Bristol Lounge with your choice of about 10 teas. I had the English Breakfast. Wanted something traditional and british since this is my first tea event. With your tea, you were also provided your own tea kettle. Most of us ordered the Four Seasons sandwich/desert menu- which came on 3 tiers. The top tier included raspberry scones and finger-size walnut bread. The middle tier included small finger size smoked ham and egg salad sandwiches. I had the smoked ham since I don't eat/like eggs. The bottom was walnut and lemon pastries. The Four Seasons is also extremely accomodating- if you have any food allergies or practice being a vegan- they cater their menu for you.

Afternoon tea is a great gift idea for the mother, wife, sister or girlfriend who has everything or if you want to do something completely different. It's nice to be pampered for an hour or two by their extremely polite waitstaff. The atmosphere is very relaxing where after tea, people can gather to catch up.

So, you ask what is the price for something like this. With the menu- which includes the tea, gratitude(tip) and tax- everything to 35.00 per person. I would definitely go again and this time take my mom and aunts since I think they would enjoy this.

Cheers!

Four Seasons website:
http://www.fourseasons.com/afternoon_tea/
http://www.fourseasons.com/boston/dining/the_bristol_lounge.html

No comments:

Post a Comment